Saturday, March 13, 2010

LHN Exchange for Carol

Oops! In my hurry to get my exchange in the mail, I forgot to take a photo of it, so I hope Carol doesn't mind me using hers...
 I stitched Little House Needlework's "Season of Hope" design on 28 ct Country French Linen, using DMC floss.  I had originally planned to finish it as a pillow, like it showed on the pattern, but I wanted to do something a little different, so I went to a local craft store, hoping to find some creative inspiration, and found myself in the scrapbooking/photo album section.  I noticed some 8 x 8 replacement pages, and the wheels in my head started turning...

I didn't want it to be just an ordinary photo album, so I added a piece of Weeks Dye Works wool for a needle-minder, and a band of fabric to hold accessories.  I thought the top-loading pages would be a handy way to hold floss, charts, fabric swatches, sketches, photos, whatever...

I'm so glad Carol liked the way it turned out- she's been one of my favorite customers over the years, so I wanted to do something special for her.  

12 comments:

  1. Of course I don't mind! I love it all - thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woe Janet, I love your creations, they are gorgeous. Did you cover the album yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, This is one of the nicest exchanges I have ever seen~~~ You did a marvelous job!!! I agree with you, Carol certainly deserves it!! Faye
    carolinastitcher.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynn-

    Yes, I made the album completely from scratch, using heavy matte board, foam padding, and lots of acid-free double-sided mounting tape (no glue).

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this over on Carol's blog - how lucky was she to receive this beautiful album!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is stunning! Beautiful exchange. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful creation for Carol to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing album you made for Carol, where did you come up with that idea?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks- I thought of doing some kind of needlebook, or something I could put some accessories into, but the piece I had stitched was too big for that. I suppose the proper procedure is to plan how to finish a piece before you start stitching, but some of my best ideas come from improvising...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just arrived from Carol's blog to say "That album is amazing" You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! What an amazing exchange. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning gift Janet. One talented lady you are :)

    ReplyDelete